Thursday, November 3, 2011

Getting colder

It's starting to get colder here in Illinois.  Luckily I've had a good amount of riding lately.  A couple weeks ago I went to a GP race at Sunset Ridge.  That was a kind of weird day because we woke up super late but still had plenty of time to get to the track in time for the 450 class.  Since it was more of an old-school type of race, I put on some UFO retro gear and raced my 250 2-stroke.  I remember that in the first moto I had a good battle with some guys the first two laps and then caught up to first place.  But the leader started pulling away from me in the woods section every lap.  2nd place wasn't too bad!  The arm pump from that race was kind of bad...

The 2nd moto started off good with a good start, but went bad pretty fast.  First lap in the woods I went off the trail and, therefore, had to get off my bike, pull it back, and then get going again.  That made pretty much everyone pass me...  So I started pushing hard and slid out in the grass track part.  That race just wasn't very good for me.  I still ended up passing a bunch of people and getting 4th place or something.  3rd overall on the day wasn't that bad!  That was the first race I did since the Lake County Fair.

The following weeks it started raining a lot more and, therefore, there was a little less dirt bike riding and a little more mountain bike riding at Ray's MTB.  That place is funnnn!  It's not as fun if you face plant in the expert jumps, though.  Yep, I face planted in the expert jumps.  Kind of hurt...  Now I've recovered from those injuries, though.

While recovering from those injuries I decided to go to the last Red Bud practice day of the year.  The track was really soft from the rain.  But it was also really good!  My practices were going really good, I was riding the fastest I've ever ridden there before.  It felt good!  But in the second to last practice I blew up my yz 250...  This was the same lap that I got my fastest lap.  Danggg.  And when I went out for the last practice on the 450, I crashed pretty hard coming out of a turn.  I didn't know it until I got off the track, but I had dislocated my pinkie.  Ouchie.  We got it back in place, though.  It was a pretty destructive day!

Lately there's been more rain and more riding.  The rain has given me a little extra time to do things I haven't done.  Like write this blog.  And apply to colleges.  Yes, I actually started applying to college.  Pretty crazy, I know.

For the winter months my dad and I are trying to make my 1974 CB200 awesome.  I hope it comes out good.  I'll try to keep all of you updated.

-Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment