Sunday, August 12, 2012

Lena Trials

Hey everybody! This weekend I went out to Lena, IL to do some trials! Despite my injured knee, I felt that I could safely ride trials because of the low speeds and low impacts. So there we went, barely getting there in time for sign up on Saturday.

Saturday didn't go as well as Sunday for me. I don't really ride any trials other than at the events, so Saturday could be considered my warm-up day. Saturday's sections were pretty tough, as they always are. Between riding, I would be one of the scorers, so I got some experience in that. I ended off the day with 39 points in 6th place. But it was fun riding all day! My knee did give out twice, though, one of them being while I got over confident and ran and jumped a little. Oops.

We slept in Shane's pick-up truck overnight. That was quite an experience, for sure. Lucky for me, I didn't have seat-belt buckles poking out at me like my dad did. :P

Sunday went well. I don't know if the sections were that much easier, but I finished the day with 23 points and in 3rd place, 1 point behind 2nd! It was pretty cool.

Later gators.

-Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment