Saturday, March 27, 2010

First qualifier








Hey everybody! Last weekend I went to a Loretta Lynn's area qualifier in Indiana. It was supposed to rain pretty much all weekend, so we were unsure about going. Thank goodness we went, though; not a single drop of rain fell there all weekend! On Saturday, the stock classes day, I rode my 250f the whole time. The track ended up getting pretty rough, but not too bad. In the 450 stock B class I felt kind of underpowered. I went 12-11 for 13th overall in that class. In the 250 stock B class I felt like I did better than in the 450 class. I also went 12-11 for 10th in that class. But this was out of 29 riders! So I was happy. Another reason to celebrate was that I qualified to the regional in the 250 class!

After that day of racing John, Cody, my dad, and I all went to a Chinese buffet place. It tasted pretty good and afterward I was stuffed! Later on we also had some adventures at a hotel's pool and sauna. :P

The next day was when all the modified classes raced. In the 250 modified B class I had some of my best finishes of the weekend. In the first moto I got 6th place after a good start. That was sweet! Then in the next moto I got 11th. Overall I finished 8th, so I qualified in another class to the regional!

In the 450 modified B class, I decided to race the 450. That thing has a lot of power! I was over jumping some pretty big jumps with it! I thought I had a pretty good, smooth race going on in the first moto. I was in 8th place with a couple turns to go. And then, BAM, I gave it a little too much throttle on this really big jump. I landed way down on the landing into the ruts. That is never good to do! I almost got stuck right there, but I somehow saved myself from flying over the bars. Because of that the guy behind me passed me. So I ended off that moto with some hurt balls and a 9th place finish. The second moto was pretty uneventful. I rode a smooth race and got 9th place. So overall I finished 9th.

All in all it was good for my second race in the B class. I'm going to do more area qualifiers around here and hopefully I'll qualify from them too!

In order to get my fitness better, I am now doing a program from motoendurance.net. After almost a week of doing it, I can tell you that it's pretty hard! On Wednesday I did the riding part of the plan and I ended up getting such bad arm pump! But it was pretty cool.

See you later! -Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment