Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Red Bud Grass Race

Hey everybody! Last weekend I raced for the first time in a couple weeks. It was the Red Bud Grass Race! The day before, on Saturday, I rode the practice day there. The track wasn't too rough all day. Ok, by the end it was pretty rough. I rode all 3 of my bikes today: 125, 250, and 450. Let's just say they're quite a bit different! But I got similar lap times with all the bikes, so maybe they weren't so different? I guess since they're all Yamahas... You know.

After that ride day we basically didn't have much to do. Kids were walking around in costumes "trick or treating" while the sun was out. Unfortunately we didn't have any candy to give them. When we had nothing left to do, I just pulled out my math stuff and did some homework! Exciting, huh?

Then it was Grass Track time! At first I thought it would be slick with the dew on the grass, but it wasn't too bad. There were so many older people there too! I can see why. The track was basically all turns and no jumps. The track got really dusty by the end, though. And I mean plumes of dust floating through the air dusty. Luckily the watered the track before my motos! And speaking of my motos, I raced 125 B and 250 B. I had to make a decision about which two classes I should race, and I chose those. I just find the 125 easier and funner to ride than the 450. Of course. It's a 125!

My first race was for 125 B. To summarize it: Good start, descent riding, 4th place finish. Not too bad but not too good either!
After that moto, I had a 250 B race to do. It was going similarly to the 125 one I just came from, but that soon changed. You see, my dad recently put on a bigger front brake disc. On that dry, dusty track it might have not been too good of an idea for me. I ended up going into a corner and grabbing too much front brake. I must have hit some bump at the same time because my front end gave out and I fell pretty hard. When I got up I couldn't get going since there was dirt somehow stuck in my front brake lever which locked up my front wheel. Not too good. My dad ended up coming over there to fix it. But I was two laps down already, so I finished 29th in that one.

My second 125 B race was a whole lot better! I got a decent start and stayed behind the leaders. They both crashed on their own, so I was right there to take the lead! I kept the lead for the rest of the race. So I won it! With 4-1 scores I got 2nd overall.

My second 250 B race also went better. Once again, I got a decent start and I finished 5th. I just tried being smooth. So I went 29-5 for 15th overall.

It was a pretty good weekend overall. Most weekends are for me. And now it's time for school for me! Have a nice day! -Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment