Sunday, February 27, 2011

Whooo sand!

Hey everybody! Today was the first day since the beginning of January that I rode on an outdoor track. My dad and I heard about this track south of Chicago a couple weeks ago. After a little bit of calling we found out that we could go. At first we had no idea how to get there. We drove around quite a bit down there. Luckily we saw Matt Hammond's dad and just followed him there! When we got there I saw quite a bit of people riding. Sweet. The track is all sand with natural rollers everywhere. The first lap around I was going side to side a lot. I was thinking, "uh oh!" Yeah, pretty tough.

I could do a few laps at a time before I got this huge arm pump. I was sometimes worried about my hands coming off the bars in the straights! Luckily I got more used to it in a couple times out. Gnarly track! After a little bit it started POURING rain. But I was pretty happy; the track was pretty much the same before the rain! Ahh, you gotta love sand. I think if I go there to ride often, I'll become a different rider. The guy who owns it is really nice,too. Whew, I'm pretty tired now!

I think this year should go good. Especially if I go riding to that sand track often. Well, have a nice day! -Greg :)

No comments:

Post a Comment