Sunday, April 8, 2012

Nuclear Series Round 1

Hey everybody and Brandon! I had a great Easter Subday at Byron today, with some solid results and fun trials riding. Originally I wasn't planning on going racing this weekend, but last night my dad got the idea to go see what would happen. It ended up being a good decision.

We got to the track right as the rider's meeting was starting. Perfect timing! I was wearing my 100% hat, you know, representin'. :P it felt weird cause I never wear hats usually.

All right, time for some race action. After the slick practice, I was in the first moto of the day. 14-24. Running the #1 again. Solid start with my beautiful 450 (I love that bike). I just put in solid laps and was trying to pass some A class guy. 4th place.

After that race I had some time 'til the next one. So what do you think I did? I broke out the trials bike and hopped some logs! :) Byron has a bunch of cool stuff to ride on with a trials bike. Yeahhhhhhh!

After all that fun, it was time for my 450 B moto. I had a bad gate pick. But I somehow got the gate all the way on the inside. I like that gate at Byron! Good jump, leading into the turn. Cody VanBuskirk swept around the outside and got the holeshot right in front of me. The rest of the moto went in that exact same order. So I got 2nd.

The second 14-24 moto was right up after the 450 B one. I picked that awesome inside gate again. Holeshot!! Boom, more solid laps, getting pressured a lot on the last lap by Cody Williams. But nope! I won! I was pumped with that. 2nd overall in 14-24!

Guess what gate I chose in the last 450 B moto. Yeppppp, the one allllll the way on the inside. The crooked perfectness gate. Unfortunately I didn't get the holeshot. BUT, I made some passes in the second turn and got into third. I was going for the pass on second place, but the guy squeezed me off in a slick turn. That's how it ended, too. With me in 3rd and Derek Whitcomb right behind me. I was happy with another 2nd overall!

Well, that was my day. Good ol' local Mx. Who knows, maybe I'll go to the trials competition there in a few weeks??

See ya- Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment