Sunday, May 13, 2012

Limestone 100 GNCC

Hello! This weekend, the last weekend of high school, I went to the Limestone 100 GNCC in Indiana. It was just a slight 5 hour drive down there. I didn't really know what I was going to do until Saturday night. It was between going to the Red Bud amateur race, or going to the GNCC.

I raced the 250 B class hoping to beat my finish from last time. My goal was to just not crash! And I almost did it, too! I got a mid-pack start and just tried keeping it on two wheels. I had a couple close calls, but I managed to stay up for the first 2 hours! The only bad thing that happened in the beginning was my camel-bak mouth piece coming off in the start. I just felt water pouring out of there... Luckily, physics was on my side and kept almost enough water in there for the whole race. Yay for physics!

I got kind of unraveled in the last two laps. I fell once in each lap and was just losing my flow. I started cramping up pretty badly. My right leg just wanted to stay! To compensate for that, I just stood up everywhere. The last lap was even worse with my arms, legs, and neck cramping up quite a bit.

I ended up getting 7th out of 14 in my class, which is better than last time! But just like last time, I don't feel so good..

See ya later, alligator! -Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment