Saturday, May 14, 2011

Qualifier and crazy rain

Hey everybody!  Last weekend was the Loretta Lynn's area qualifier at Byron Motosports Park.  The track is totally different this year.  But I think the racing remained similar.  I like how it's different now, though.  Over the two days of racing I had an overall not so good performance.  But by the end of Sunday I was riding like I should have rode all along.  This bad riding caused me to qualify in just two classes.  Oh well.  There were some fast guys there for sure.  My mom and sister also came out on Sunday even though it was Mother's Day.

On Wednesday it was supposed to rain all day.  But somehow it seemed to be fine out all day.  So my dad and I decided to go to Kamm's track to ride.  On the way there it just started pouring on us!  Hail was flying at our windshield.  There was even a tornado warning siren going off through one town!  But after going sideways in rain ruts we got to the track.  I put on my gear and rode.  Cliff Kamm groomed the track and everything.  It turned out good.  It was pretty cool landing from a jump and seeing lightning hit at the same time.  It kind of felt like I was in some movie where everything's timed to make everything look awesome.  Man, I'm glad we got out of there good!

Today my dad and I did an hour and 40 minute bike ride at a local forest preserve.  It was the first time in a while that we had rode there.  This fact made it seem kind of new to me.  Ok, it didn't really seem new, but it sure was good to get out and ride!

Have a nice day! -Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment