Saturday, June 11, 2011

Red Bud Regional: Saturday

Hey everybody! This weekend I'm trying to qualify to Loretta Lynn's. Most things are going pretty good except the actual qualifying part.

On Friday we had some intensely rough practice at Red Bud. It rained the night before, so the ground was pretty soft all day. My dad and I almost didn't even go to practice because of the rain, but at the last minute we went. From the soft dirt came a bunch of ruts and big bumps. Yeah, it was pretty hard to ride. I think it helped me out for Saturday, though.

Saturday got pretty much just as rough, if not worse. Oh well. Some of my races went pretty good, though. In my first collegeboy race I got 10th, which I consider to be pretty good at a regional! A good start helped in that one. At the end of the day I had another collegeboy race, but this one had both divisions combined. Start= no bueno. I finished 19th in that one on a super bumpy track. I guess that's how I would've finished anyway without it being divided.

450 B mod went all right as well. I got a good start but couldn't stay up there very well. I ended up finishing 16th. 450 B stock went differently. I actually rode a 450 in that one, but the problem is that my starts suck on the 450! I got 20th in the first race, so I had to go to the last chance qualifier. Top 4 make it. Easy, right? Not if your starts suck. 7th = no qualify for other motos. Oh well. It's tough at these regionals.

I have three more motos tomorrow! Wish me luck again! -Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment