Sunday, March 25, 2012

The trip that changed into another trip

Hey everybody! This is a blog about a trip that changed into another trip. No, not a fall over kind of trip. I'm talking about a drive-around-in-a-van trip.

On Saturday, Norman and I went to shred at Mount Carroll. It turned out to be awesome! I saw some other friends there, and I got to try out some different settings on my new 450. We borrowed a GYTR power tuner and I messed around with that a little bit. I think it's pretty awesome how the power delivery can be moved around.

Anyway, after that riding day we had to get back home and pack for "the trip.". We had to wash the bikes, change some tires, pack everything, and not forget anything. We had supercross recording at the same time.

When we got done we watched the action from Toronto and tried getting the momentum to get off the couch and start driving to Wildcat Creek. Area qualifier!

Fast forward 8 hours: our dad's were tired from driving through the night. Norman and I were getting ready to ride. Practice was good for me. It's the Motos that should've gone better...

The track was rutty and bumpy. My arch-enemies. Both my 2-stroke Motos involved ok starts and then tip-overs. Not that good.

The collegeboy Motos went a little better. I rode my new 450 in that class! We didn't have numbers for it yet, so I decided to just run the #1. Yes, I was ready to get the holeshot, whip it off the jump, pull a tear off, and fist pump to the thousands of fans cheering me on.

Unfortunately that was all in my imagination. 12-12 for 10th overall. What to do..

Norman had a day that involved crashing into a group of downed riders and cracking his radiator. Fun!

I somehow felt more relaxed at this race than at past qualifiers. That's a good thing in my book!

What was I talking about again? Oh, right. The trip that turned into another trip. Our plan was to go down south for the week and then hit the GNCC in north carolina next weekend. After getting some delicious chili's food,(Philly cheesesteak sandwich OMG) we made the decision to stick back in the land of Lincoln for the week and ride near home.

But we're still doing the GNCC!

See ya. -Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment