Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Ponca City trip

This year I got another opportunity that I just couldn't pass up. After several long days at work, my dad and I are going to Ponca City! We're going down to Georgia first and picking up Shane Cobb. Actually, we're gonna basically empty the Sassinator van and pile our stuff into Shane's fun mover.

It's 1000 miles down to Shane's house. We're tackling that drive right now. Then we have another 1000 mile drive back up to Oklahoma. Fun stuff!

I've never been to a big race like that in the middle of the summer, so I don't know how I'm going to do in the heat, but I'm assuming I'll be ok, as long as there's a kiddy pool available!

I'm currently signed up to do 450 B stock, Collegeboy, and 4-stroke open. My 450 is gonna get plenty of action this week, which I'm pumped for! Oh, and I'm going to be number 43 once again, instead of the big ol' number 1.

From videos I've seen, it looks like Ponca is hard-packed and rough, almost like where I practice every week, so I'm feeling pretty confident in that aspect. But I won't know what it's like until I'm there actually riding.

Unfortunately Ponca Is during the same time as the Lake County Fair. That means I won't be racing At the fair this year. I really like that race, but I have to try out Ponca as well. Oh well!

Catcha later. I'll be watching the monotonous road pass by for the next couple of days!

No comments:

Post a Comment