Thursday, April 15, 2010

Archview

This weekend my dad and I went to the Archview Mx Area Qualifier with Cody VanBuskirk and his dad. When we got there, we noticed that there was a prison right across the street. Not to mention a few strip clubs. Yeah, it didn't seem like that good of a neighborhood. But the track made up for that. It was pretty deep sand, surprisingly. I know because I was the first one out on the track in the first practice. It also developed pretty deep ruts in the turns. I didn't qualify in any classes, but it sure was fun.

After the first day, we wanted to go out and get a hotel. That ended up being a pretty big problem. I guess everybody and their grandma was there that weekend for soccer, bowling, and volleyball tournaments. I was surprised there wasn't a tournament for playing with play-doh there. Almost every hotel we went to was full. We decided to stop looking and get something to eat because we were starving. Guess where we stopped. Jack in the Box! There we devoured burgers and tacos. It tasted pretty good, but I don't know if I really want to go back there again. Afterwards, we actually found a hotel that was closer to the track! Crazy stuff.

The next day I had some pretty close racing with some people. I again didn't qualify in any class. But that was because there were a bunch of fast people there that weekend. In one of my motos I crashed in a turn after I hit someone accidently. One time, the gas on my bike was even off on the bike on the start! In that one my bike died in the first turn and I had to start from dead last. Crazy stuff happened all weekend. Cody's clutch fried twice. He still qualified, but with some bad luck!

One of the days we decided to look at the scenery in St. Louis. I was pretty happy with it. Pretty happy I didn't get shot by the B.O.D., that is. When we got back to Cody's house, we had some more bad luck. Our van wouldn't start! I was pretty much ready to pass out. But no, that didn't happen. Instead we took Cody and John's van home. That weekend was filled with events!

Yesterday, which was Wednesday, I went riding at Dan's house. I rode with Shane and Grant. I was happy with the day. After a bunch of runs through it, I finally jumped this big 95 foot triple. It was crazy! One time I even couldn't stop for the following turn and went over the berm. That didn't go so well. I ended up crashing. But then I went and did the jump again.

Those were the highlights of my week so far. My studyhall is going to end soon! See ya. -Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment