Sunday, April 25, 2010

Not so good...

Hello everybody! This weekend I went to red bud. It didn't go too well. It rained the night before quite a bit (I was told) and the track was wet. But it was surprisingly good! The guys at red bud sure do know how to prepare the track for rain! My first race was 250 B Stock. 41 people!!! I didn't really get that good of a start there because I started on the outside. So I was pretty far in the back the whole race. I could barely see, too. That's because I only had one tear-off. Oh well. So I got 31st in that moto. The second moto went better AND worse. I thought I got a pretty good start. Going into the third turn I hit someones rear tire and fell over. A guy to my right ended up hitting me. I got up and attempted to put my rxr strap back on, but I couldn't find it. Then I started going from dead last out of 27 guys. I charged hard for the four lap race. I ended up getting 18th there. So that was good!

When I got back to the pits, I looked at what happened to my rxr strap. I saw that it was still attached but just ripped in the middle. Then I noticed my shirt was ripped. Uh oh. I finally noticed I had a hole in my chest. I felt like something was missing in my moto! I just didn't know it was my skin. I guess it looked like a shark bite or that I got shot. Haha. After I went to the ambulance, I visited a doctor at his motorhome. His son was racing there, too. So I was lucky that he was there. He stitched me up right there on a foldable chair! It looks crazy! Well I guess the stitching is supposed to look bad when a chunk of flesh is missing.

After that I didn't race anymore. But we still stayed in Michigan to sell my old bike to a guy. Currently we are driving home. What a crazy weekend! We are trying to get home now. So that's it for now! -Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment