Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Wunga

Right now I'm on the bus to school thinking about the day. It looks like nothing spectacular will happen today, so I'll fill you guys up on what i have done lately. And yes, I am back at school because spring break is over. That went by really fast! On Saturday my dad and I went to Dan and Shane's house to do some work. I didn't think I was going to ride because rain was pouring down all morning. Then it suddenly stopped and the sun came out! Just to make sure I was seeing things correctly and not in my dreams, I walked out on the track to check it out. There was only a thin layer of slick stuff on top with pretty much perfect traction underneath. Wow! Then I got geared up and started shredding. It was so good! The track was also different this time. I just did two lap sprints. My fastest lap got down to 2:25.7. Last year with a slightly different track I was doing 2:40's. What a big change!

The next day, Sunday, I went back to Dan's house to ride. This time I didn't have any structured practice, so it was all pretty much just riding around and trying different things. Cody Vanbuskirk and Nick Neys came to ride that day, too. It was sweet riding with them. They wanted to try all kinds of different things like a quad over some rollers, whips, and other things. Dan built a new triple that day as well. That thing was too big for me to try with the kind of wind that was blowing that day! The ruts on the face of it didn't help my confidence much either. Cody ended up being the only one to jump it so far. In the back section of the track there was a double-triple to a triple into some small rollers. We got Dan to change that part of the track to a triple-triple-triple. The second triple is pretty huge, in my opinion. The first time I did it I felt like I almost hit my head on the branches above. Then Dan and my dad started cutting down the branches of some trees with a chain saw. There I found out that I am part monkey! My dad was being crazy climbing on a bobcat and tree with a running chain saw in his hands. But it got the job done. :)

We also rode the track backwards for a couple laps. It was pretty weird but also pretty cool. Shane also joined us a little to ride. He still has a broken wrist or something, but he just strapped on his helmet and snapped in his boots to ride a little. That was, of course, after the approval of his dad, Dan.

That's it for now. See ya! -Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment