Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sand Again

Hey everybody! I went riding at Fred Bud again today. It was different from the other two times I've been there; it wasn't really wet. This time I also rode the full length track. Pretty good! The other part of the track is a little more hardpacked with smaller bumps. But there's a lot of bumps! Today Vaughn Mays and Jake Boss were riding there too. It was fun riding with Jake this one moto. I was just right behind him for a couple laps and actually had a couple close calls! But I ended up just losing my front end in this powdery berm. Oh well.

For my last ride I tried to go for as long as I could. That ended up being 35 minutes on the rough sand track. I did have some problems though. Right on the first lap I stalled my bike. Dang. A couple laps later I stuffed it too hard into a sand berm... That's not really a good idea if you don't want to crash! Also, there was this long uphill sand straight away which got a rut in it from us just keeping it pinned up it. One lap I kind of got sideways and just out of control. My legs flew off to one side of the bike and I was just dragged like that until I layed it over. Whew! Luckily I didn't really hurt anything. Gnarly.

It was good practice today and I think I'm ready for the Lorreta Lynn's area qualifier next weekend. My dad put the 250 together again and it's looking awesome. I can't wait to ride it next weekend! Have a nice day! -Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment