Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Wildcat Creek Area Qualifier

Hey everybody! This past weekend I went to a Loretta Lynn's area qualifier at Wildcat Creek. Some of our friends from Estonia also arrived at our house a couple days before that. Norman and his dad Mada came here to ride for a month. I got "kicked out" of my room now, but it's all good. I think I like sleeping downstairs better right now, anyway. :P

Norman Madiberg

Back to the race. On Saturday I race 250 B Stock and 450 B Stock. It was the rougher day for me. My starts sucked and I had tip overs or other problems in pretty much every moto. The track ended up getting pretty hard-packed and dusty. In 250 B Stock I went 17-12 for 16th overall. Uhh, not too good. Not even close to a qualifying position. At least 450 B Stock went better: 10-11 for 9th overall. That's only one position out of qualifying, so I'm pretty much good to go.

Last turn pass by me

Saturday was a long day. Someone got hurt in the first practice, so delays actually pushed the first motos two or three hours back. We got out of the track at about 7:30. We were all pretty hungry by then. So by 9 P.M. we went to a Chinese buffet. Now that was some good Chinese food. It was late when we got back to the hotel, but Norman and I wanted to go swimming. It was nice to swim and go into the sauna a little. Oh yeah.

Norman Madiberg

On the way to the track the next morning I checked the weather forecast. There was a 70% chance of rain! I was pretty surprised by it. Just the day before it had said 20%. Does weather reports are always jumping all around. But the day went almost totally rain free. I felt JUST ONE rain drop fall on me during the day. Just one! Numero uno. 1. Yeah, that was some great 70% chance. So the track was equally dusty as the day before.

Cody VanBuskirk convinced me to try racing the Collegeboy class. That ended up being a pretty good decision. In the first moto I got a 5th place, right behind 3rd and 4th place. But my second moto was a lot better. I got the holeshot on my 250 and led for a couple laps! I did get passed by one guy, though. Then I just started making mistakes. So I finished 2nd in that moto. That gave me a 3rd overall in Collegeboy. Success!

Me

450 B Modified went differently. I went 9-8 for a 9th overall. In the second moto I actually passed the guy who beat me in the second Collegeboy moto. I got him on the last lap. I didn't realize it until after the race, though. Sweet.

That's about how my weekend went. Monday I had some intense trampoline jumping with Norman as a workout. I think the trampoline's gonna fall apart one of these days for sure. Two of the legs are already pretty much broken off...

Well, have a nice day! -Greg


My dad and Mada

No comments:

Post a Comment