Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Super Duper New Years MX Bonanza: Wednesday

On the road again. Just like last night.  Last night actually went by pretty easily for me.  I only had to drive sometime between 2 and 3 AM and then got to go to sleep. It was pretty cold..

I woke up to the warmer weather of Alabama.  All the reddish dirt with green grass on top. Christmas colors!  There are a lot of run down houses down here, though.  Like 3/4 of the houses we passed were trailers with garbage everywhere.  Every once in a while there was some really nice house.  And all the roads are all perfect down here, so I guess the bad is almost balanced by the good.

Soon we got to Monster Mountain.  From the entrance we still had to drive quite a bit.  So the place is big!

At sign up the guy wouldn't believe I was 18!  So I hurried back to get my dad as if I were 17 again.  Darn these handsomely good looks of mine. At least I'll look like I'm 18 when I'm 28. *cough* ;)

There were 20 minute sessions followed by 20 minutes of rest on the main track.  That's a lot of riding.. But it's all good. I did like 5 sessions like that. Tiring.

After the first session I thought that Murphy's law was in full effect.  There was some clanking sound in my engine. Wooowwww.  My dad, being the professional mechanic that he is, quickly deduced that the flywheel weight we added was loose.  It's not supposed to come loose.. Luckily we got that bad boy fixed, minus a fly wheel weight.  

The only not so good thing about having such frequent riding sessions is that there isn't much time to explore the rest of the place. Luckily I found some time and checked out what Monster Mountain has to offer!  At the end I went into the woods and did some trail riding.  Now that was some good trail riding. So awesome!

So now we're on the road again. Going another 4 hours south to Cairo, GA. Let's see how it goes there!

-Greg

DMXS radio tonight!!

No comments:

Post a Comment