Sunday, July 11, 2010

Built Lusk Tough: Day 11

Today was my last day of staying down here in Georgia. The 11 days so far have gone by fast! I'm surprised. Today was a race at southern raceway in memory of a kid who died there 3 years ago, Gunner Moore. There were not that many racers there. I think the most people in one race was 10 people. And that was with classes combined! All together there were 7 races and they went by fast. So fast in fact that we had like a 2 hour intermission. I did 2 classes: Mx B and Lites B. I was the only one in the first one and there were 3 of us in the second one. So right away I knew I was gonna win at least 1 class! :P. My first race went pretty well with combined classes. I basically got 3rd. But it was good! In my next race I actually had other people in my class. I holeshotted my class but was Behind sunny drake. So I felt pretty good. But it didn't go too well. In the end of the first lap I scrubbed the finish tabletop too hard and basically landed sideways. It didn't get much better from there... My feet came off and I was hanging off the side of my bike giving it more gas in hopes of somehow saving it. But I didn't. I fell to the side I was hanging off... And another guy hit my bike and flipped a couple times. Gage. He was in the camp this week too! He ended up being ok but didn't finish. So I got 2nd place because there were 3 of us total.

At intermission there was a 3 man team race where one guy runs, one does push ups, and one races a pit bike. I did that with Shane and chris, who is a kid training there for a few weeks from Canada. Chris ran, I did push ups, and Shane raced the pit bike. We got 4th out of 5 teams. I think shane's pit bike blew up or something. But it was ok. I didn't really care. It was fun!

My second set of motos went normally. I won my first moto again. Duh. And I got 2nd in my second moto behind Gage. So I ended up getting two first place overalls! Yay!

We later went home and watched two movies. And now I'm really tired. So this was basically my last day down here. Tomorrow we start the drive home really early. Bye! -Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment