Friday, July 23, 2010

geo-what?





Hey everybody! The last couple days have been flying by pretty quickly. It's already Friday! Some pretty fun stuff has been happening this week. Wednesday morning I earned some money working out in the hot sun. It wasn't bad at all, though. I think I'm used to the heat pretty well right now. That afternoon I also went shredding at Kody Kamm's house. Ok, it was more like puttsing in the beginning. It was pretty slick on the freshly watered track with a 450. It became better later on. That was good! I felt all right, but not super good. Oh well. I think it was pretty good practice.

That same day I just happened to find 2 geocaches. Ok, I lied; I looked for them. The first one was by the Costco in Lake Zurich in a parking lot. I felt like an idiot standing pretty much in the middle of the parking lot. I was having trouble finding it... But then some guy waved me over and acted like he was telling me top secret information. He pretty much told me exactly how to get it. Thanks man! :D The second one was coming back home from dirtbiking. I convinced my dad to stop somewhere near home. It was kind of tough looking for it in the dark and mosquito infested place, but Matu spotted it! Nice!

Yesterday (Thursday) actually had a lot of stuff for us to do. In the morning I went on a run with Matu biking next to me. It was going extraordinarily well until it started pouring on us. We stopped for a little by a beach because we saw that it was closed. What?! I called the number on the sign and asked why. They said the county closed it because it has a high bacteria count or something. I guess no more swimming for now. Continuing with the run... it started raining harder when we got closer to home. It was actually pretty fun and made me run faster. We were soaking wet by the time we got home. Woah!

It was geocaching time for a couple hours in the afternoon. Yeah! Stephanie (my neighbor) took me, Elis, and Matu geocaching with her. I got 4 more additions to my findings. It would've been 5, but we couldn't find one. We were looking all around and a little girl came up to us. She asked, "Are you geocaching?" Steph said, "yeah." The girl then informed us that it was no longer there. :P

When we got back home we decided that we should make our own geocache. I think we did a pretty good job. I just hope no animal or anything will steal it! It'll be fine, I think. Thanks for taking us geocaching Steph!

For our night activity my dad, Elis, Matu, and I went to see Inception at the movie theater. What a great movie! We missed a little bit of the beginning, but I don't think we missed too much (I hope!). It turns out the whole movie could be totally different than I thought was actually happening... or not. It really makes you think! If you are wondering whether to see this movie, go for it! Don't blame me if your brain hurts afterward, though. :D

Have a nice day! -Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment