Friday, July 9, 2010

Built Lusk Tough: Day 9

Hey! Today was the last day of the Built Lusk Tough camp. It went by pretty quickly for sure. All the fast food must have made it go by fast! Today was supposed to be like a final exam. We had to put to use what we learned in moto situations. So guess what we did... Motos! We did 4 lap races where the fastest guys were in the back. I'd like to say those went well for me, but I actually ended up crashing a couple times. They weren't bad though. They mostly happened because I lost my front end in the loose dust that formed in the turns. It was also tiring. After making the mistakes and stuff I sure used some energy!

After lunch at wendy's I got in the kiddie pool to cool off a little. Now I had a plan. I wanted to keep riding the 450 in the afternoon so I could just take a fresh 250 to another track tomorrow. But oh no, I couldn't do that. You see, the 450's rear sprocket was almost totally round. I'm pretty sure the chain wouldn't have kept moving the wheel very good any more. So I took out the 250. It was good though. That's because we went on the turn track and I could be better there with the 250. It went pretty well for me there. I felt pretty good.

For the end of the camp we had a quick little picture session and some papers handed out to us. So I am on my way to becoming Lusk tough! That's because I went on an insane mountain bike ride with Ezra Lusk and some other people. We at first planned to do 3 laps of this hilly, loopy mountain bike trail. But that didn't end up happening. Instead I found myself pushing my bike up the steep hills and out of breath. And it turns out Ezra and Sunny Drake weren't that far ahead. I think they waited for me even though they said they didn't. We stopped somewhere near the end of the 2nd lap and got water poured on us by Shane Lusk and some other guys. Wow, that felt good after that crazy ride!

It was pretty cool working with Ezra and Shane Lusk during this camp and I think I got faster for sure. I don't know if everyone felt like that, but I did. Now I'll see if I can put it to use this weekend. -Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment