Monday, July 5, 2010

Built Lusk Tough: Day 5

Hey everybody! Today was the first actual day of the Built Lusk Tough school. I think we were all excited at the beginning. All 6 of us. That means that there's more instruction for us! This school is all about track time. We ride a lot! We had an hour long warm up. That was quite a bit, but it helped us learn the track pretty well. It's all soft and has some pretty good rhythm sections. After the warm up we had a 5 lap moto thing to see what our base lap times are. I had to go out and crash on the 3rd or 4th lap. I'm pretty sure it was in the schedule we got in the beginning. "Greg Sassi crashes - 11 am". So I had to follow that... So I took a pretty big crash when I cased a double, flew I to the face of a jump that we like to call " the wall" and got ejected off. That's pretty much all I remember from that incident. Anyway, I later went out for the last couple hours of the school. My eye was almost swollen shut, but I did pretty good. Man, the turn track is tough!

After we were done for the day I did all my bike maintenance and helped pack some stuff up. I was still pretty sore. The area around my eye and my shoulder were hurting. Actually, they're still hurting. My head also hurt a little bit. When we went to KFC for dinner we joked around with the cashier and told them Shane and I got into a fight. But just a few seconds later we told them I actually got in a fight with my bike.

Now I'm about ready to sleep. Until tomorrow. -Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment