Friday, July 2, 2010

Built Lusk Tough: Day 2

Hey y'all! Today I got to practice my southern accent quite a bit. That's obviously because we made it to Georgia! We got here really late, like at midnight or 1 last night. I was pretty much passed out before that, though. (so I'm told). It was not comfortable to sleep in the fun mover because of how humid it was in there. The funny part is that we slept in front of dan and shane's new house! But it wasn't furnished or anything yet. Oh well.

When we woke up, we knew we had a lot to do. We had to carry in all the mattresses, a couch, and a tv. That was just the beginning of the day. I must admit, their new house is pretty nice. We are worried about rattlesnakes in the woods though! After we got some of the stuff out of the funmover, we had a problem. The battery wasn't working very well, so the electric things in it barely worked at all. So we waited there for a little bit until the battery charged back up a little.

As soon as that was ready, we started cruising to southern raceway to get some things set up there. Now I thought we just wanted to hook up the power to the fun mover there and some other shenanigans. But I never thought that we would go there to set up a kiddie pool. Yeah, that's exactly what we did. It was pretty weird. I mean why would we want a kiddie pool set up at that particular time? Anyway, we did that so it wouldn't get blown away...

After being there for an hour or so, we realized we hadn't eaten anything all day. And it was already 2 pm! I was really happy when we finally got to a place called Zaxby's. I ordered some kind of chicken sandwhich with fries. I also got a really good birthday milk shake. I felt like I was in heaven eating that! Oh man, it was great. But it didn't last forever, sadly.

In a pick up truck we left to our next destination: home depot to pick up some appliances. Like I mentioned, the cobb's new house was completely unfurnished. So we needed a refrigerator, washer, dryer, and microwave. That ended up being quite a challenge. We were looking at them at the home depot. But it turns out they don't keep any in stock. That was just wonderful. So we took a visit to our good friend, Sears.

The store was way smaller, but we were actually able to get stuff from right there! It ended up being quite a lot of money. We went out back to get everything loaded up into the truck, then. The refrigerator, washer, and dryer ended up going in perfectly, but then we had to wait for microwave for a while. It turns out the guy dropped it... Dang. So we were one appliance down. He said we could pick it up Tuesday. We then went right back to the house to unpack our new goodies. That took a little while too. It was already 6 by now, and we still hadn't bought any groceries for the new refrigerator. Sweet.

We ended up spending $300 at walmart. Yeah, I was surprised too! We also picked up a movie to watch. When we got back home for the third time, I was ready to eat my second meal of the day at 9 pm. Surprisingly, dan and Shane barely ate anything. I, myself, gave my arteries a cleansing with a beautifully made wrap. Then I topped it off with chocolate milk. Oh yeah, I also had some sandwiches with a chocolate spread on them. That's the way to do it.

Now we're all laying down on mattresses in dan's room because it's way too hot upstairs. They're sleeping and I'm about ready to do the same. Thanks for reading my blog everyone! I wanna make them all good like the one before this. Well, I tried. Check back tomorrow! -Greg

1 comment:

  1. That's quite an adventure for you Greg! Have fun! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete