Thursday, July 29, 2010

Lake County Fair Mx Day 2






Hey everybody! Yesterday was the second and last day of the motocross racing at the Lake County Fair for this year. And what a day it was. We didn't actually know that we were going until the afternoon. We thought it was going to pour rain and be horrible. It ended up being quite different! It stayed pretty cloudy all day, but the rain missed us. So we ended up getting ready a little bit later than we would've liked. But we got it done!

Before we left I was trying to figure out if any of my friends wanted to come with. Marc ended up wanting to tag along! :D We were already kind of in a hurry when we left to pick him up and go to the fair. Oh man, we thought we were cutting it close! We got there at 5 pm, and that's when practice was supposed to start! But we ended up being fine. All my practices went pretty good. No crashes! It was kind of muddy in my first practice, though. I guess it might have rained there... or they just watered it that much.

I was pretty excited for racing! I knew how well I did the day before in the heats (at least the first one) so I was thinking about doing the same thing. What do you know? I got the holeshot and finished in 3rd. Yeah! Next up was my 450 heat race. The day before I didn't get a real good start in that race. But we put on a holeshot device yesterday. Umm, again, holeshot! I ended up finishing in 4th in that one. Not bad. At that time I dropped Marc off in the stands to fend for himself and got ready for my 450 LCQ, since pretty much everyone in that class had to race it, even though everyone was going to the main anyway. And, *ahem*, holeshot! I was enjoying getting my name said at the start of every race. It made me feel good. I was in the lead for 3 out of 4 laps. 2nd place was not that bad of a place for me. :D Over the finish I threw a pretty good whip, I thought. I hope someone got a picture. :P

At that time intermission started. And along with that, the autograph signing! I thought that the pro's were only going to sign autographs. But then they said, "all riders to the autograph signing." Sweet. So I got to sit there for 10 minutes and sign stuff for people. I found out that shirts are actually pretty difficult to sign. I guess you learn that skill with experience! Then it was time for my mains.

Guess what. I got the holeshot once again in the 250 main! I was in 3rd place for most of the race and was hoping to stay there. But then I got into some lappers... I ended up not jumping the triple and the guy in 4th did. So he passed me. That sucked. So I ended up in 4th place. My 450 main went similarly. I didn't get the holeshot in the last race, though. I wheelied off the start a little bit. I still got a 2nd place start, though. But then I was 4th or 5th going into the triple. I ended up being 4th the whole race. I was pretty close to 3rd place the whole race. It was hard to pass on this track, though. I got pretty close on the second to last lap when he rolled some section. But he then almost pushed me into a hay bail! So I got 4th once again. No podium. It would have been cool to be on the podium.

Overall the Lake County Fair was a cool experience for me! Afterward I talked to some of my mom's friends who came to cheer me on. Thanks for coming Sammie and everyone else! I also checked out a trials bike and decided that I want to get one someday. It just seems like it would be a mountain bike, except with an engine. I feel like I would enjoy that. :D That was pretty much all that happened from my experience yesterday. Not a bad day!

Thanks for reading! -Greg

P.S. Check out B.C. Productions on Facebook to see some sick pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment