Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Built Lusk Tough: Day 6

After a tough day yesterday, today went a lot better. I was sore pretty much all day, but I still felt all right. In the firs half of the day we worked on a rhythm section that was supposed to simulate the 10 commandments at loretta lynn's. I ended up doing double-double-triple-triple through them. I was doing that yesterday, too. But it was kind of harder towards the end because we were getting some ruts in there. Ezra Lusk told me some things to do differently, as did Shane lusk. I think it helped me through there.

For lunch break Shane, dan, and I went to sonic. I think it was the first time I had been there! Crazy, they just bring the food to your car. I don't think any restaurant would have wanted me in with my smelly gear on anyway! That tasted pretty good.

The second half of our training day consisted of a section of some sandy turns. Now that was pretty fun! We had 2 man races through the section. Sunny Drake made us some squared up lines through the turns. That was theoretically supposed to let us make passes through there. The original old line was faster, though. Later on we did it by ourselves and I thought I did pretty awesomely at the end. We went to the edges of the track pinned to miss the bumps. The turns flowed really well, too.

After we were done we didn't even do any work to the bikes. Dan wanted to get home. We didn't know why at the time. But when we did get home, he surprised Shane with a new lawn mower! He had been messing around with us a lot of the car ride to the house! They're lawn was getting long anyway. Dan did half the yard and Shane did the other half. Oh the joy!

Right now we still haven't eaten dinner and are relaxing. This is a pretty early blog for me! Usually I have been doing it at 10 pm. But I just happened to have time. Tomorrow we're going to do some off the bike training at the camp, so that should be interesting! That's it for now. -Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment