Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Lake County Fair Mx

Hola! So far this week I have pretty much been only thinking about the Lake County Fair Mx. A nice 2 days of thinking about it. I raced the 250 and 450 Amateur classes there last night. Before we got there I was worried about how difficult the track was going to be. It ended up not being too bad at all! I knocked out pretty much every jump in my first practice. I just had to get my corner speed up then. My second 250 practice was going well up until one of the last laps. I tried jumping past someone on the back triple on their left side. I ended up not going fast enough into the jump... Yeah, I cased it and flew over the handlebars. It wasn't too fun. I'm happy that I was all right. My chain did get a little rattled, though.

At 7 p.m. the racing began! My 250 heat race went really well. I got the holeshot and got 3rd. The 2 guys in front of me were a little bit faster. My 450 heat didn't go as well. I spun in the start and was near the back. Doh! I think I got 6th or something in that one. I think my cheerleaders Elis, Lexi, and Shauna helped me out! Almost everyone then had to do the 450 LCQ race because they wanted a show. I got a not so good start and was once again near the back. I couldn't pass this guy in front of me very well, either. So I think I got 10th or something.

My mains then started getting closer and closer. I was hoping to do well in the 250's. I ended up being top 3 going into the first turn. But that didn't end very well. The 2 guys in front of me started turning while I was going straight. I almost t-boned them! Instead I lost my balance and slid out. Bad mistake. I couldn't get my bike started for a while after that. By the time I did get going, everyone had lapped me. After that I just tried riding good and passed some people, even though they were a lap ahead. So that race wasn't too good for me.

My last race of the night was the 450 main. In that one I got a pretty good start. I was 4th going into the second turn. Sweet! I stayed there pretty much the whole race. On the second to last lap Brandon Pope, passed me, though. So I got 5th. I felt pretty good about that race.

Thanks to anyone that came out to support me yesterday! I tried doing some whips over the finish for you guys. :P I don't know if I'm gonna go race there tonight. If it rains a lot, I won't go. But if it doesn't rain much then I probably will go. Should be sweet! Bye! -Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment