Monday, July 12, 2010

Built Lusk Tough: Day 12











Hey everybody! Today was the last official day of my trip to Georgia. I went there with Shane and Dan Cobb, rode for a week and a half, and then came back home with my family. It really couldn’t have gone much better. Today was just a long driving day back home. It was so humid and warm in the van! Man, it isn’t too comfortable to sit in the back because of that! But we got through it.

We left pretty early in the morning; a little before 6 am. We’ve been driving for 16 or so hours now. Ok, we took a couple pit stops too. For breakfast we went to a Waffle House in Alabama. The first day I wrote about this adventure I kind of threw Alabama under the bus by saying that they’re really slow! But the Waffle House helped redeem its state. Our food was done pretty quickly and it didn’t taste bad either. Nice! That meal held us up until dinner. For all the hours in between we slept, read books, watched movies, and just kind of sat there. Not too exciting. But the day went by pretty well for me.

For dinner we stopped by a Chinese restaurant in Rossville, Indiana. A couple months ago my dad and I went there with Cody and John VanBuskirk when we had some races near there. It tasted pretty good. But the bill was quite a surprise!

Now we are almost home. Yessss! Only 5 minutes left. And what a better way to end the trip than with my blog? I’m feeling like I’m at home already. Dan and Shane’s house was starting to feel homey before I left. But it’s not the same as my real home. I hope I get to do another trip like this again some time. It was fun! I guess I won’t be writing my blog every day now, but I’ll still keep you all updated on my happenings! Bye! –Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment